So I’ve spent some time today searching for inspiration for a portfolio site I’m planning to build, I wanted to find some great looking React sites and I have had plenty of luck finding them. I feel pretty confident I want my site's front end to be in react and I would love to have some sleek animation to go with it. However, I noted with some of the more fancy examples there was not much consideration for UX. The reason I note this is it’s a trap I could see myself falling into. I want to be conscious of this when building my site, as many of the examples I found had amazing visuals, however, the navigation was really confusing.
I really want to create something that’ll stand out from the crowd and try something new (if I can). I can't deny my excitement about making this site, yes I know its fairly self indulgent but I really want to echo my passion for what I do.
So here are some of the qualities (despite some being obvious) I want to keep in mind when building my portfolio site.
- I want the navigation to be straight forward and easy to read
- I want to showcase my code my best code
- I want links to all my social media (Linked in, Twitter, Github, my blog and contact details)
- I would love to have some sleek animation to showcase my creativity (however not too much, I want everything clear and concise)
- I would love as a bonus to create a brand/image for myself
- I want to make my site maintainable and easy to update
- I want the site to be well-designed lead with TDD
Here are some examples of really sleek looking sites I want to note down for inspiration, these sites hold the values I’m looking for and the people who made them did a great job.
From crew necks and v-necks to elongated and split hems, you'll have no trouble finding your new favorite shirt at…
Wealthsimple: Get Rich Slow | Invest, Save, Spend & File Taxes
Wealthsimple is the smart way to invest, trade, save, spend and file your taxes. Do more with your money with our smart…
Thanks for reading I hope the developers of these sites inspired you the same way they did me.